Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Paper Piecing an Owl

Hi, it's Joan, here today to share with you an owl card I made using Kaisercraft's "Tea Break" papers. Using my Sizzix owl die, I cut the owl pieces in different patterned papers, inked the edges with brown chalk ink, and put the owl together on a green background. I punched some small flowers for the top of the head and added a wood veneer heart to the body. The eye circles were punched from cardstock.

I really like to paper piece - it's fun! There is a big variety of patterned papers in "Tea Break" and that makes it easy to use for paper piecing. You can buy this line of Kaisercraft papers at the Speedy Scrappers store.

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhh this is adorable!!!!

Wendy said...

very cute little owl Joan...paper piecing is so much fun...love your design paper!