Sunday, June 1, 2014

Getting Messy with Mixed Media

Wow, this was such a fun layout to make!! I just finished this page and had to put it on the blog - my 2nd post of the day! I found this photo of my daughter and it inspired me to grab inks and gelatos and stencils and.... Let me tell you how I put this page together.

I worked on the background first. I started with white cardstock, a Tim Holtz stencil (Bubbles) and Aged Mahogany distress ink which I added to a few areas. Then I stamped the large circles using Spiced Marmalade distress ink and a foam stamp and made small gold circles with an Adirondack gold paint dabber. Next I sprayed Heidi Swapp gold color shine mist. I went around the edges with Gelatos in Mango, Banana, Tangerine, Guava and Cotton Candy, scribbling a small strip of color and then blending it out with a slightly damp paintbrush. For the last step, I used a mask by Julie Fei-Fan Balzer (Pomegranate Flower Bit) and Salty Ocean distress ink to make the flower in the corner.

The photo went on next and I put the overlay (Simple Stories) on with vellum tape. I completed the layout by adding a piece of a gold doily with the Tim Holtz tiny attacher, Heidi Swapp word "today", Freckled Fawn wood veneer "noted", three punched gold vellum stars and the camera sticker. I backed the layout with black cardstock.

I am definitely going to create more layouts in the mixed media style. It's a great way to spend an afternoon!

1 comment:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Gorgeous! LOVING the colors and the circles!!!!