Saturday, March 24, 2012

Mail Art


Something new that I am getting into..... mail art!! I know that you are supposed to decorate the envelopes and then send them to someone, but I have a hard time getting rid of my artwork! I want to try and make mail art weekly.
I made this envelope at a new store about an hour from my house called Small Studios. It is owned by Ginny, who is a fantastic artist. She opened the workroom up one Saturday morning and provided lots of great papers, stamps, inks and stencils for us to use.
Ginny is also having classes with many great artists: Michael DeMeng, Pam Sussman, Teesha Moore.. and the list goes on!
Check out the Small Studios blog to get the full list of classes and prices. Also, you can see photos of the store - it's fantastic!!

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS! I loveeee the heart and the typewriter!

kybarb said...

Great mail art! I have a really hard time doing mail art and was inspired by Ginny's class photos to get my local group to try it. I so wish I lived close to Ginny's new store--I would take all of the classes there! Thanks for visiting my blog--glad you enjoyed it!